Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Murder on the orient express


I read Murder on the Orient Express after watching the movie. Watching the movie did not take anything away from my enjoyment of the book (and that is rare). The framework and beautiful picturization in the film helped my mind focus on the puzzle that Agatha Christie laid out with so many details in writing. There were pieces of understated humour throughout, like the thoughts of the Doctor and Bouc when Poirot 'assigned' them and himself the task of sitting back and working out the details after laying out all the facts.

I had to read this book with some urgency at the behest of my daughter, who insisted that I must read something normal and fun. She believes that I mainly read "boring" books in masochistic torture.

No comments: