- I don't care about how many Aparna Sens, Mrinal Sens walk or protest. I never appreciated any of their works. However a Shirshendu Mukherjee or Rituparno Ghosh walking in protest disturbs me.
- There was (I guess time has come to used past tense) a resurgent bengal till yesterday. May be it was the markets, the world-scenario, stars aligning.. Whatever it was/were, there was also one indisputable force behind it all. Buddhadev Bhattacharya.
- I can blame CPIM for one thing. Systematically destroying meritocracy in past 30 years. Every government post is populated on the basis of party-loyalty. Had there been an efficient police force (instead of a bunch of incompetent party-loyalists), Nandigram could have long been under control. No drastic measure would have been required.
- Left-front screwed up every aspect of administration for 30 years. Now that they are looking for development, their own folly is catching up with them. Ultimately bengal loses.
- The poets/art-film-directors-who-never-make-profit must rejoice. They will get more poverty/wretchedness around to serve as inspiration for their next masterpiece. Watch out folks for another barrage of Cannes/Oscar/noble-peace/noble-literature medals from 'supremely talented' bengal.
Friday, November 16, 2007
I am a bong staying outside west-bengal. I do not have all the facts in my hand. Should I feel anything for nandigram? Won't the feelings be half-baked, or for that matter utterly-wrong? Moreover I do not vote in west-bengal. So I am a perfect nobody. However this is my blog-space and I will rant here now.