I do have a right NOT to be murdered.
But I do not have a right to be 'supported' by someone richer than me.
But I do not have a right to be 'supported' by someone richer than me.
I have a right to grow, earn, and prepare food.
But I do not have a right to be provided food rations by stealing someone else's effort as tax money.
But I do not have a right to be provided food rations by stealing someone else's effort as tax money.
I do have a right to wear clothes if I so desire.
But I do not have the right to force a mill, or a weaver to prepare clothes for me.
But I do not have the right to force a mill, or a weaver to prepare clothes for me.
I do have a right to build a house for me, or commission a builder within my budget.
But I do not have a right to ask the government to prepare a house for me using taxes.
But I do not have a right to ask the government to prepare a house for me using taxes.
I do have a right to seek healthcare that fits my budget.
But I do not have a right to force doctors and hospitals to serve me at my dictated rate.
But I do not have a right to force doctors and hospitals to serve me at my dictated rate.
I do have a right to learn provided I can afford the study materials and teacher's remuneration.
But I do not have the right to loot others (using taxes) and ask them to provide for my education. Or force the teacher to prepare materials and classes for me.
But I do not have the right to loot others (using taxes) and ask them to provide for my education. Or force the teacher to prepare materials and classes for me.
I do have a right to seek employment as per my capability.
But I do not have the right to demand that an employer MUST give me a job. Any job must be a voluntary contract.
But I do not have the right to demand that an employer MUST give me a job. Any job must be a voluntary contract.
None of these - life-sustenance, food, clothes, house, healthcare, education or guaranteed-employment - are freely available in nature. Someone spends effort to create those. I do not have a right to that effort. No matter how poor or needy I might be.
No comments:
Post a Comment